Back to homepage

Real Estate Appraisals Forum

Back to the forum index
Linear

What Easter teaches us about heaven (general)

by AC @, Saturday, March 26, 2016, 17:00

What Easter teaches us about heaven
By The Rev. James Martin, Special to CNN
Updated 5:58 PM ET, Thu March 24, 2016

(CNN)Believing in the afterlife is a significant problem even for some devout believers. In my experience, it's one of the most common fears in the whole Christian life.

It's not hard to wonder about this. In moments of doubt, we ask ourselves: What awaits me after I die? Is my faith in vain? Will I be rewarded for the good deeds I did? Or punished for the bad ones? What happened to the people I loved who have died? Will I see them again?

Without breaking any confidences, I can say that many people who come to me for spiritual counseling, and who are devout believers, have a hard time with this.

But in one of Jesus' "Seven Last Words" -- that is, the last phrases he uttered from the cross on Good Friday -- he promises "paradise" to the person often called the "Good Thief."

In the Gospel of Luke, one of the two thieves crucified besides Jesus says, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

Jesus replies, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."
This is not the first time Jesus has spoken about the afterlife.
It's one of several places in the Gospels where Jesus holds out that promise. In the Gospel of John, immediately before Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead, he says to Martha, the dead man's sister, "Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die."

Later, at the Last Supper, Jesus tells his disciples, "In my Father's house, there are many mansions. I am going to prepare a place for you."
So the first thing that should convince Christians of the promise of the afterlife is this: Jesus tells us. And, needless to say, Jesus is not a liar.

That utterance from the cross, incidentally, is the only time Jesus uses the word "paradise" in any of the Gospels. He is responding to the Good Thief, who, significantly, calls him "Jesus."

That's a familiar way of speaking to him. The disciples, by contrast, almost always call him "Teacher," "Master" or "Rabbi." Usually only the demons and those seeking healing use the name "Jesus," which means in Hebrew "The Lord saves."

In his public ministry, that name wasn't used as frequently by his disciples, or even friends such as Martha and Mary, who also call him "Teacher," "Rabbi" or "Master." Maybe he missed being called by the name his parents used. But now on the cross, his name is used by someone who asks him for help one last time.

The Good Thief shows us the identity of the one being crucified next to him: A man, yes. A man with a simple name: Jesus. But God, too. The man who can open paradise for him.

FINISH READING this at: CNN

Recommended Easter Movie - 'Son of God' (2014 release)

by AC @, Sunday, March 27, 2016, 10:19 @ AC
edited by AC, Sunday, March 27, 2016, 16:17

Recommended Easter Movie - 'Son of God' (2014 release)

It will have you in tears, for what Jesus/Yeshua did for us. It's a roughly 2 hour beautifully done epic movie correctly entitled: 'Son of God'..Not like Obama erroneously says "a son of God"

You can see it on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu now. I watched it today (Easter). An amazingly touching movie, depicting the Lord's birth, teachings, miracles - as well as His terrible suffering, death, Resurrection and finally His Ascension into heaven. All this happened in front of countless witnesses. This amazing Life of our God on Earth and the salvation He freely gave to those who trust and believe in Him -- is still without any doubt -- the Greatest true Story ever Told. /s/ Steve K

WND EXCLUSIVE

[image]

Is Jesus about to perform a modern miracle?
'I know that it's going to touch people's hearts and bring people home'

[image]
Roma Downey plays Mary, the mother of Christ, and is the producer of the film, Son Of God.

Roma Downey explained to WND, “While we were shooting ‘The Bible’ series in Morocco, we had an editor on set with us; and as we were watching the footage on a regular basis, as the Jesus narrative began to unfold, we knew we had something extraordinary. So we shot extra footage and wanted to create a beautiful stand-alone experience that would focus on Christ Himself.”

That “stand-alone experience” will arrive in theaters on Feb. 28 in a much-anticipated new movie called “Son of God.”

“Jesus has not been on the big screen for 10 years,” she replied. “Believe it or not, a decade has already passed since ‘The Passion of the Christ,’ and His entire life story hasn’t been shown on the big screen for almost 50 years, with ‘The Greatest Story Ever Told.’ So we really felt there’s a whole new generation that needs to see and feel this story in a big screen experience.

“The movie plays at about 2 hours, and it’s just beautiful,” she continued. “It’s big and epic and sweeping on the one hand, and yet it has this lovely intimacy on the other hand, and I know that it’s going to touch people’s hearts and bring people home.”

FINISH READING this at: World Net Daily

RELATED

See 'Son of God' trailer HERE: http://www.sonofgodmovie.com/home.html
(you may want to turn down your speakers - it can get pretty loud)

RELATED

Producer: Why we cast 'Obama' devil out of 'Son of God'

RELATED

[image]

WND-TV
Obama gets Satan cut from 'Son of God' (2014 release)
Eerie resemblance too much for producers to stomach

An eerie resemblance between Barack Obama and Satan in the upcoming “Son of God” movie has prompted the film’s producers to completely banish the devil.

Roma Downey, who co-produced the film with her husband Mark Burnett, says scenes with an actor who portrayed the devil but looked like the president have now been edited out.

FINISH READING this at: World Net Daily

Tags:
Son of God movie

Recommended Movie: Unconditional

by AC @, Friday, April 01, 2016, 20:36 @ AC
edited by AC, Friday, April 01, 2016, 20:42

Recommended Movie: Unconditional. A GREAT movie! A tear jerker! BUT why not a single mention of the Holy name of Jesus/Yeshua??? WATERED DOWN!

This movie is billed as a 'Christian' movie. And that it is - with Christian ideals. I highly recommend it - as it is a heart warming true story. My only question is why do SO MANY Christian movies NOT EVEN BOTHER to mention the Holy name of the Lord Jesus/Yeshua even ONCE? I can't even remember seeing even the sign of the cross/or crucifix in this movie. Why is that? For economic reasons such as being afraid of ticking off Jews, or pagans such as Muslims, Hindu's, Buddhists - or even the declining occult Masonic populations? I can't remember seeing/hearing the Lord's name once in this movie. That seems to be a current NORM in Hollywood these days. And I for one think that mindset stinks to high heaven.

Has it gotten to be SO BAD in these end days that liberals have hijacked everything, and that occult 'blasphemers' (my opinion) such as the Masons are now so content with referring to God's Holy name (Jesus/Yeshua) as something as cold and distant as 'The Grand Architect of the Universe'(GAOTU). Gag me with a spoon about this Masonic GAOTU... Hello? There is NO OTHER mediator between God the Father, other than His only begotten Son (not made/a spirit thing) - Jesus/Yeshua. Don't ever forget that or take that lightly. Jesus/Yeshua IS the WORD of God - the LOGOS (beginning and the end). All that is was spoke into existence by God's WORD. /s/ Steve K

BELOW is from NETFLIX:
[image]

Tags:
Unconditional movie

RSS Feed of thread
4608 Postings in 1536 Threads, 4 registered users, 6 users online (0 registered, 6 guests)
RSS Postings  RSS Threads | Contact

Home | National & Worldwide Online Newspapers | Online Games | Mortgage Fraud Blog